Date:Sunday June 29 2008
With pre-season rumours in full swing, we thought we'd talk to the Vital Sheffield Wednesday members about their SWFC memories, and their future hopes.
For a first Wednesdayite Q & A, forum member gudetehowl answers our questions...
1. How did you get in to supporting Wednesday and what was your first match?
Originally I got into supporting Wednesday through my grandad. He has always been an Owls fan from been really young, and I followed him. My first ever game was Watford in 1999 (I think) when we drew 2-2. I was playing for a football team that trained near me and they arranged a trip to see Wednesday.
2. What's your favourite ever Owls match?
This is the first season I've had my season ticket, so I'd have to go for our first home win of the season against Hull. I was insanely happy and hyper at that game. I went to a few before this season but I can't remember them much.
3. And your favourite ever player in the blue and white?
Di Canio, don't know why, I just love Di Canio.
4. What about your best ever Owls XI during your time supporting Wednesday?
I'd have to go the for the current keeper and defense, then I'd go for:
Rocastle, Whelan, Brunt, McGovern (the playoff final midfield), then Di Canio and Maclean up front.
5. What's the best/funniest chant you've ever heard at a match?
The person next me to started singing 'viva Frank Songo'o', I like that one a lot. Made me laugh, just because of the way he randomly came out with it, it was at half time!
6. If you could turn the clock back to a particular season which would it be and why?
1999 season so I could have got a season ticket back then. I am really annoyed I only got one this season, mainly for the fact my mum was a piggy fan until I converted her.
7. And what about the 2008-09 season, how do you think we'll get on?
I think if we can keep a fit squad, add a bit more passion to some players like Johnson, then I think we can be pushing for promotion. It is either going to be a really good season or a nightmare season I think, there won't be an inbetween. I've got a good feeling about Jeffers, the goal he scored for us was a screamer, so I'm hoping he can produce a lot of that. I am really worried about our wingers though, I think Esajas is the only quality winger we have.
8. The takeover is frustrating the life out of most of us - do you think it'll go ahead and are you excited, or worried?
I think it will go ahead, I'm just so bored of it. It has dragged on for so long, with the papers getting us excited then nothing happening. So many times have I thought 'only one more week' and then it never happened. I've just given up getting excited, it will happen when it happens.
9. If you could bring one player in the world to S6 who would it be and why, and if you could bring one Coca-Cola Championship player to S6 who would it be and why?
If I could bring one player in the world to s6 it would have to be Theo Walcott, he is so quick and so strong to break through defences. I don't see why he doesn't get played for England more. As for a CCC player to bring to S6, I think I'd bring Rasiak or Idiakez from Southampton. They are both quality players. Idiakez is old, but still a great player.
10. Other than Wednesday, do you look out for any other teams results, do you have a soft spot for any other team, and if so, why?
I must admit i have a soft spot for Rochdale. I don't know why, its just a random thing. In the PL i would say Pompey are my soft team, because I love the way they play.
11. Give us predictions this season, how will we do in the league and cup competitions?
I am putting my neck out and saying 6th in the league and nowhere in the cup.
Date:Sunday June 29 2008
Westwood Is Named In Championship Team Of The Year (Sunday April 26 2015)
Video - Highlights Of Wednesday Vs Leeds (Sunday April 26 2015)
Gray Speaks On Disappointment Of Leeds Loss (Sunday April 26 2015)
Match Report - Owls Suffer Loss To Leeds (Saturday April 25 2015)
Video - Gray Reacts And Players Thank Owls Fans (Saturday April 25 2015)
Audio - Gray Reacts To Defeat To Leeds (Saturday April 25 2015)
Stats: Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds (Saturday April 25 2015)
Match Preview - Wednesday Vs Leeds (Saturday April 25 2015)
Tom Lees Speaks Ahead Of Owls Vs Leeds (Friday April 24 2015)
Wednesday Squad Injury Update (Friday April 24 2015)
|14. Sheff Wed||45||14||17||14||-6||59|
|15. Leeds Utd||45||15||10||20||-11||55|
|Rams Fightback Again
» Derby County : 27/04/2015 12:53:01
» Derby County : 27/04/2015 12:52:00
|RUFC - Ref Watch v Reading
» Rotherham : 27/04/2015 12:32:01
|Howe: They can make history
» Bournemouth : 27/04/2015 12:19:00
|Howe: Demin has been pivotal
» Bournemouth : 27/04/2015 12:17:01