Wednesdayites Q & A - Number Three
It's Lincoln-Owl's turn to have his say on the Wednesdayites Q & A...
1. How did you get in to supporting Wednesday and what was your first match?
When I was about 7 my best friend was an Owls season ticket holder with his family. So just wanted to copy who he supported being so young. The first game I went to was at home against Middlesbrough on the 14/10/1995. We lost 1-0 to a Hignett peno, it was also specially because my best friend got my a birthday message at half time read out. Good times.
2. What's your favourite ever Owls match?
My favourite game of course was Cardiff a few years ago. I watch the highlights of that games loads still on line and gets my heart pumping Unfortunately I wasn't there because I couldn't get back home, which was annoying because I was in Cardiff the day before watching Lincoln in the playoff final. My favourite game that I have attended was years ago as well against Arsenal. I think it was back in 1996, we beat them 1-0 with a Marc Degryse second half goal.
3. And your favourite ever player in the blue and white?
Hard question for me, because I've had so many. I suppose when I first started supporting the Owls, it was Mark Bright, no idea why, just liked him name I think. A few years later it was Benito Carbone because he was just awesome. I think the player I still love is Brunty. I think this is because I remember seeing him more often and his goals were just pure genius.
4. What about your best ever Owls XI during your time supporting Wednesday?
Not sure if you mean at once or my favourite 11 players, I'll go with favourite 11 players.
Peter Atherton-Des Walker-Richard Wood-Ian Nolan
Matty Hamshaw-Mark Pembridge-John Sheridan-Chris Brunt
Mark Bright-Benito Carbone
5. What's the best/funniest chant you've ever heard at a match?
No idea sorry.
6. If you could turn the clock back to a particular season which would it be and why?
The season before we got relegated from the Prem, so we could sort out the squad and not waste money on crap.
7. And what about the 2008-09 season, how do you think we'll get on?
I think this season is going to be very interesting. I think BL showed us what this squad can do when its fit, after that fantastic run we had at the end of the 06/07 season. But if were plagued by injuries again, then I can see another season of frustration. I also think if the takeover goes through, that we could get some big signings come through and help up back to the premiership.
8. The takeover is frustrating the life out of most of us - do you think it'll go ahead and are you excited, or worried?
I've never thought it wouldn't, for me its always been when. I did think it would go through by end of March before end of loan window but that wasn't to be. I do however think it will of gone through by beginning of season. I'm excited but not. I want to hear from GS about what he plans to do with the club, if he will clear out debts, give us a lot of transfer funds and what his ambitions are. If the reports back in March about £50m a year to spend and debts wiped, I will be getting excited.
9. If you could bring one player in the world to S6 who would it be and why, and if you could bring one Coca-Cola Championship player to S6 who would it be and why?
In the world it would be Cristiano Ronaldo, even though I hate the player so much. He's undoubtedly the best player in the world by a long way right now and because he can play on either wing or upfront, it makes him quite versatile. Also if he comes to S6 my dream of him breaking his legs will more then likely come true due to our best players getting injured. Any Championship player, I would probably have Sylvan Ebanks Blake. Last season he was fantastic, definitely a 20 goals a season striker. Plus he always seems to hurt us, so that would stop one threat.
10. Other than Wednesday, do you look out for any other teams results, do you have a soft spot for any other team, and if so, why?
Lincoln City because I have lived in Lincoln all my life. I always hope they win and would want them to win every game other than against Wednesday.
11. Give us predictions this season, how will we do in the league and cup competitions?
If there is no injuries in the squad this year I think lower playoffs or just missing out on the current squad. In FA cup and league cup I think we could make quarters depending on the draw.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.