Date:Saturday July 5 2008
It's AndyOwl's turn for the Wednesdayites Q & A, as he brings back some fond memories for Owls fans, and gives us a bit of hope for the coming season!
1. How did you get in to supporting Wednesday and what was your first match?
Would be in the late sixties, my dad was in the Navy and every time he was on leave he would take me to hillsborough. I would only be 6 or 7 so I can't remember anything about my 1st game.
2. What's your favourite ever Owls match?
Sheffield Utd at wembley. Just sat down. Get a free kick. 'What's he doing, can't shoot from there...' 'WHAT A GOAL!!!!!!!!!' And it really should have been 10-1.!! Closely followed by Rumbelows final.
3. And your favourite ever player in the blue and white?
David Hirst. The striker that had everything. Pace, strength, two good feet, good in air and a never say die hero. Could have had 50 caps.
4. What about your best ever Owls XI during your time supporting Wednesday?
Nillson, Walker, Pearson, Worthington
Curren, Sheridan, Palmer, Waddle (God)
Hirst, Di Canio
5. What's the best/funniest chant you've ever heard at a match?
After being warned by police about racist chanting at an away game, all the fans singing:
I'd rather be Pat Butcher than a blade,
Yes I would,
If I only could,
I surely would.
6. If you could turn the clock back to a particular season which would it be and why?
1992/3. Got to both cup finals. I know we lost them both, but what a team to watch. Doubt I'll ever see us in a cup final again. Been to four (inc. replay).
7. And what about the 2008-09 season, how do you think we'll get on?
First team injury free looks capable of challenging for play-off spot. Its a stronger league this year though with all three relegated sides looking to bounce straight back. I worry about our strength in depth in a lot of areas.
8. The takeover is frustrating the life out of most of us - do you think it'll go ahead and are you excited, or worried?
It will go through now, may be too late for this to have a real impact this year. Next season will be the real push forward.
9. If you could bring one player in the world to S6 who would it be and why, and if you could bring one Coca-Cola Championship player to S6 who would it be and why?
Steven Gerrard. no explanation needed.
Rasiak from Championship.
10. Other than Wednesday, do you look out for any other teams results, do you have a soft spot for any other team, and if so, why?
Malaga, lived there for 18 months and went to watch them every week. That was the cause of me missing the play off final, cheapest flight was £250.
11. Give us predictions this season, how will we do in the league and cup competitions?
League- Play-offs. Cups, totally depends on draw. First prem side will beat us.
Date:Saturday July 5 2008
Video - Highlights Of Wednesday Vs Watford (Sunday May 3 2015)
Match Report - Owls Level Late At Watford (Sunday May 3 2015)
Stuart Gray Speaks On His Players Character (Saturday May 2 2015)
Video - Gray Reacts To Watford Draw, Goal And Fans (Saturday May 2 2015)
Nuhiu Speaks About His Late Goal At Watford (Saturday May 2 2015)
Audio - Gray Reacts To Nuhiu's Late Goal (Saturday May 2 2015)
Stats: Watford v Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday May 2 2015)
Watford v Sheffield Wednesday - Team Line-Ups (Saturday May 2 2015)
Match Preview - Watford Aim For Title Against Owls (Friday May 1 2015)
Video - Classic Wednesday Vs Watford Clips (Friday May 1 2015)
|13. Sheff Wed||46||14||18||14||-6||60|
|15. Leeds Utd||46||15||11||20||-11||56|
|Cherries lift Championship title
» Bournemouth : 03/05/2015 22:23:01
|Video: Charlton v AFCB
» Bournemouth : 03/05/2015 22:12:01
|LUFC Leeds Fan View v Rotherham United
» Leeds Utd : 03/05/2015 20:45:01
|Blackpool A-A Huddersfield - Champ
» Blackpool : 03/05/2015 17:04:00
|Video - Highlights Of Wednesday Vs Watford
» Sheff Wed : 03/05/2015 16:43:01