Date:Saturday July 5 2008
It's AndyOwl's turn for the Wednesdayites Q & A, as he brings back some fond memories for Owls fans, and gives us a bit of hope for the coming season!
1. How did you get in to supporting Wednesday and what was your first match?
Would be in the late sixties, my dad was in the Navy and every time he was on leave he would take me to hillsborough. I would only be 6 or 7 so I can't remember anything about my 1st game.
2. What's your favourite ever Owls match?
Sheffield Utd at wembley. Just sat down. Get a free kick. 'What's he doing, can't shoot from there...' 'WHAT A GOAL!!!!!!!!!' And it really should have been 10-1.!! Closely followed by Rumbelows final.
3. And your favourite ever player in the blue and white?
David Hirst. The striker that had everything. Pace, strength, two good feet, good in air and a never say die hero. Could have had 50 caps.
4. What about your best ever Owls XI during your time supporting Wednesday?
Nillson, Walker, Pearson, Worthington
Curren, Sheridan, Palmer, Waddle (God)
Hirst, Di Canio
5. What's the best/funniest chant you've ever heard at a match?
After being warned by police about racist chanting at an away game, all the fans singing:
I'd rather be Pat Butcher than a blade,
Yes I would,
If I only could,
I surely would.
6. If you could turn the clock back to a particular season which would it be and why?
1992/3. Got to both cup finals. I know we lost them both, but what a team to watch. Doubt I'll ever see us in a cup final again. Been to four (inc. replay).
7. And what about the 2008-09 season, how do you think we'll get on?
First team injury free looks capable of challenging for play-off spot. Its a stronger league this year though with all three relegated sides looking to bounce straight back. I worry about our strength in depth in a lot of areas.
8. The takeover is frustrating the life out of most of us - do you think it'll go ahead and are you excited, or worried?
It will go through now, may be too late for this to have a real impact this year. Next season will be the real push forward.
9. If you could bring one player in the world to S6 who would it be and why, and if you could bring one Coca-Cola Championship player to S6 who would it be and why?
Steven Gerrard. no explanation needed.
Rasiak from Championship.
10. Other than Wednesday, do you look out for any other teams results, do you have a soft spot for any other team, and if so, why?
Malaga, lived there for 18 months and went to watch them every week. That was the cause of me missing the play off final, cheapest flight was £250.
11. Give us predictions this season, how will we do in the league and cup competitions?
League- Play-offs. Cups, totally depends on draw. First prem side will beat us.
Date:Saturday July 5 2008
Audio - The Wednesday Week Podcast - Season 15/16 Show Four (Thursday September 3 2015)
Wednesday Extend Westwood Contract (Wednesday September 2 2015)
Wednesday Sell Scottish Striker May to Preston North End (Tuesday September 1 2015)
All Wednesday's Summer Transfer Window Deals (Tuesday September 1 2015)
Bannan joins the Owls (Monday August 31 2015)
Wednesday Targeting Another Watford Player? - Matej Vydra (Monday August 31 2015)
#DeadlineDay tomorrow September 1st - Sheffield Wednesday (Monday August 31 2015)
Wednesday's New Acquisition Forestieri on 'Why I Signed!' (Monday August 31 2015)
What Watford Fans Say On Forestieri And Pudil (Sunday August 30 2015)
Wednesday Edged by Boro - Highlights (Sunday August 30 2015)
|15. Sheff Wed||5||1||2||2||-1||5|
|LUFC Bamba named Player of the Month
» Leeds Utd : 03/09/2015 19:00:00
|Audio - The Wednesday Week Podcast - Season 15/16 Show Four
» Sheff Wed : 03/09/2015 17:52:01
|RUFC - Evans 'Let The Knockers Continue'
» Rotherham : 03/09/2015 17:12:01
|RUFC - Frecks Handed Armband
» Rotherham : 03/09/2015 16:52:00
|Ipswich Town's International Pedigree
» Ipswich : 03/09/2015 16:03:00