Writer: Auckland Owl
Date:Thursday July 10 2008
It's BedfordOwl up next for the Wednesdayites Q & A, as he tells us about his Owls experiences (and is obliged to mention Shefki Kuqi's legs)..
1. How did you get in to supporting Wednesday and what was your first match?
I got into supporting the Owls through my dad and grandads. Growing up in Sheffield I don't think you get a choice, you just follow your old man. My first match was against West Brom at home in the old second division (now the Championship) in 1991: we won 1-0, John Sheridan scoring the winner from the penalty spot.
2. What's your favourite ever Owls match?
My favourite ever match was against Luton Town in the early 90s. We were losing 2-1 with only a few minutes to go and we came back to win 3-2.
3. And your favourite ever player in the blue and white?
I have 2, Roland Nilsson and Nigel Pearson.
4. What about your best ever Owls XI during your time supporting Wednesday?
Pressman, Nilsson, Pearson, Walker, Worthington, Harkes, Sheridan, Palmer, Waddle, Hirst, Di Canio. The wife wants me to put Shefki Kuqi in cos he had nice legs apparently.
5. What's the best/funniest chant you've ever heard at a match?
Don't really have one although I did enjoy the European Tour song.
6. If you could turn the clock back to a particular season which would it be and why?
Probably 93, beat the piggies in the semi's, two cup finals, must have cost my dad a fortune back in the day plus the League Cup final was the last game I got to go to with my Grandad.
7. And what about the 2008-09 season, how do you think we'll get on?
I don't think we will set the league alight but hopefully we can add a couple of decent signings to the squad, stay relatively injury free and we may just sneak into the playoffs.
8. The takeover is frustrating the life out of most of us - do you think it'll go ahead and are you excited, or worried?
Every time I hear another story/rumour about the takeover i feel like a kid on Christmas Eve night. Just wish it would all end soon one way or another.
9. If you could bring one player in the world to S6 who would it be and why, and if you could bring one Coca-Cola Championship player to S6 who would it be and why?
It would have to be Fabregas, IMO he is one of the top 5 midfielders in the world and would fit nicely into our midfield. Championship player would be either Leroy Lita or Halmosi from Plymouth.
10. Other than Wednesday, do you look out for any other teams results, do you have a soft spot for any other team, and if so, why?
Luton & Dumbarton. Luton cos that's who the wife supports, and Dumbarton because my surname is Barton. I also look out for the teams who the lads at work support for the Monday morning ribbing.
11. Give us predictions this season, how will we do in the league and cup competitions?
8th in the league
2nd round league cup
5th round FA cup losing to Chelsea away.
Date:Thursday July 10 2008
Rovers Vs Wednesday - Team Sheets and Live Match Updates (Saturday November 28 2015)
Blackburn vs Wednesday - Pre-match Press Conference Review (Saturday November 28 2015)
Vital Match Preview - Wednesday at Blackburn Rovers (Friday November 27 2015)
Audio and Tweets Pre Rovers Vs Owls Press Conference (Friday November 27 2015)
Match Day Officials - Wednesday at Blackburn (Friday November 27 2015)
Black Friday Deal From Art Of Football for #swfc Fans (Friday November 27 2015)
Owls Fans Your Help is Needed - Wednesdayite (Thursday November 26 2015)
Owls Boss Carvalhal Comments On #BookingBingo Hutchinson (Thursday November 26 2015)
Liverpool Youngest Signs on Youth Loan at S6 (Thursday November 26 2015)
Audio - The Wednesday Week Podcast Season 15/16 Show 16 (Thursday November 26 2015)
|8. Sheff Wed||18||7||7||4||3||28|
|Robbo's View: Wolves 1-1 MK Dons
» MK Dons : 28/11/2015 22:14:00
» Birmingham : 28/11/2015 21:34:00
|Boro on the rise
» Middlesbrough : 28/11/2015 21:17:01
|Karanka not happy with performance
» Middlesbrough : 28/11/2015 21:04:01
|RUFC - Redfearn 'Collins Played A Real Part'
» Rotherham : 28/11/2015 20:09:01