Who Are Yer?: Burnley
At last! It's back! The new season, and the new 'Who Are Yer?'. We kick-off the new season talking to Vital Burnley 'smitrit' about his side and their chances this season.
1. What are your predictions and hopes for the new season?
Predict top 10 finish and hope we are still in with a chance of the top 6 with a couple of games to go. This could be a building season for next year, but we have a team capable of being up there now.
2. Who've been the major ins and outs at Turf Moor?
A few players left that could have remained as squad players, but all the new players seem to be an improvment on those that went. I suppose Lafferty was the major loss, but I believe we sold a player of potential that may not make the potential paid by Rangers. All our new signings seem to be major and was really needed. I'm hoping Penny will be a great hit for us after years of struggle with goalkeepers.
3. How has your pre-season gone?
We have had a great pre-season. Started slowly with a defeat, but have drawn one and won all the others. We have had tours of USA, Scotland and Ireland with 9 games played. We should be up to full speed now and ready for Saturday. Lets hope the hectic pre-season does not take its toll.
4. Owen Coyle has had time to settle in now, what do you make of him?
A breath of fresh air and his attacking tactics are what Burnley fans were brought up on, but have missed for a few seasons. I believe we will be a very good team to watch under Coyle and so far his transfer dealings have been first class.
5. Chris Eagles was a tad hit and miss when he was on loan with us for a season, but he seems to have progressed somewhat, an exciting signing for you lot, surely?
Fergie rates this lad highly, but far too much competition for him at Manyoo to stay. If Fergie says he will be a star for us, then that will do for me. Very excited with this signing.
6. What players should we be looking out for on Saturday?
Blake, Elliott and Eagles. I don't believe Berisha is fit enough to be a part of our first 10 games, but he could be ready for your trip to the Turf.
7. And what about any weaknesses?
We are still concerned about our centre halves and a lack of pace at the back. Hopefully Remco our new Dutch midfielder will be giving them better cover than James O'Connor did.
8. What's your most memorable Owls v Clarets game?
I am too young to have seen the big important games back in the days, so the only one that stands out was the 7-2 defeat when you had already been relegated. We were shocking that season under Stan and many teams put 6 or 7 past us.
9. What do you make of Wednesday's chances this season?
Tough one this. On some of your forums many Owls predict relegation or near to it. If you are taken over and spend some cash in time, then who knows. At the moment I will say somewhere between 14th and 20th.
10. If there was one player you could take from Wednesday to Burnley, who would it be and why?
I always thought Tudgay was decent, but seems to be out of most Owls fans predicted line-up.
11. And if there was one player from Turf Moor you could send our way, who would it be and why?
Kiraly closely followed by Steve Jones. Kiraly will not play this season and is on the transfer list. Wasting wages on him.
12. And now for your score prediction for Saturday?
2-1 to the Clarets. We have got goals written all over our squad, but like I said we could be prone to conceding. Maybe it will be a case of trying to score more than we let in this season. Either way it should be fun to watch. This first game will hopefully be played at a fast pace and those lucky enough to see it will get their money's worth.
Cheers mate - and good luck for the rest of the season, after Saturday...
NEXT UP: Wolves!
Image kindly supplied by Burnley Football Club