Vital Football

Latest Sheffield Wednesday News

Graham Good To Continue At Town

Graham Good To Continue At Town

Owls striker David Graham looks like a different player on-loan at Huddersfield Town - so we asked the Vital Sheffield Wednesday users whether it would be a good idea to re-call Graham from his loan spell. Here's what they thought...

A whopping 76 per cent of Wednesday fans thought the former Wigan striker was better off staying at the League One side, with the remaining 24 per cent calling for him to return to Hillsborough.

Graham has made a big impression at Huddersfield and has helped them climb to third place in the League One table - and a chance of gaining automatic promotion to the Championship. He's bagged six goals in nine games for the Terriers, which has led to some Owls fans calling for him to be re-called to the Owls squad.

The 76 per cent may be taking into account Graham's poor form at Hillsborough, which saw him score just two goals in 19 appearances since his move to S6 from Wigan Athletic. Deon Burton and Marcus Tudgay have also formed a good partnership up front for the Owls since their arrival in January, and with Steve Maclean back in contention for a starting place - the Owls may not require Graham in the battle against relegation.

There's also the argument that Graham has found his level in League One. His record at Torquay United between 2001 and 2004 is second to none, and shows how capable he is at scoring in the lower leagues. He's also in a team who are flying high at the top end of the league and have bag fulls of confidence at their disposal.

The remaining 24 per cent may see Graham as the ideal solution to the Owls problems in front of goal, despite the recent up turn of fortunes which saw Deon Burton among the scorers in the 2-0 victory over Preston North End at the weekend.

Owls boss Paul Sturrock has highlighted the need to strengthen the squad in the battle against relegation, and has highlighted the attackers as a key area for strengthening. We all know the limitations of the wage and transfer budget, so to re-call Graham would be the sensible option financially.

With just seven games remaining until the end of the season it looks as though Paul Sturrock will let Graham stay at the Galpharm until the conclusion of the season at the end of April. What happens then is anyone's guess, but Town manager Peter Jackson has already shown his interest in the hitman.

Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.
www.papajohns.co.uk/football


Click here to join in the debate on the club forum.

Writer:Nick
Date:Monday March 20 2006
Time: 11:50AM

Best of Vital Network

Vital Boxing - Haye’s Blast

Comments

0
there is no point bringing him back its a different league, he will only disappoint
vertigo_red
25/03/2006 00:59:00
Page 1/1
  1. 1

Login to post a comment

Recent Sheffield Wednesday Articles

Wednesday At Wembley - Hopes And Fears (Part 1)

First up Vital Wednesday writer Martin Wood with his hopes, fears and prediction

Carlos Carvalhal - The Conductor Of The #swfc Orchestra

Alex Roberts looks at the impact of one Carlos Carvalhal on us all at S6

Wednesday - FL Dates 2016/17 (23/5/16)

The Football League have released the key dates for the coming 2016/17 season.

Head to Head - Wednesday Vs Hull City

Who has the historical edge ahead of Saturday`s playoff final?

Archived Vital Wednesday Articles

Vital Wednesday articles from

Site Journalists

Ed Jepson
Editor email
Profile
Greg Pursehouse
no email
Profile

Current Poll (see more polls)

Are you going to Wembley?
Suggested By: Vital Wednesday
Yes, come hell or high water!89%
No, don't want to talk about it :-(11%
ScoopDragon Publishing Entire League Network of Sites

League Table

# Team P W D L Pts. GD
C Burnley 46 26 15 5 93 37
P Middlesbrough 46 26 11 9 89 32
3 Brighton 46 24 17 5 89 30
4 Hull City 46 24 11 11 83 34
5 Derby County 46 21 15 10 78 23
6 Sheff Wed 46 19 17 10 74 21
7 Ipswich 46 18 15 13 69 2
8 Cardiff 46 17 17 12 68 5
9 Brentford 46 19 8 19 65 5
10 Birmingham 46 16 15 15 63 4
11 Preston 46 15 17 14 62 0
12 Q.P.R. 46 14 18 14 60 0
13 Leeds Utd 46 14 17 15 59 -8
14 Wolves 46 14 16 16 58 -5
15 Blackburn 46 13 16 17 55 0
16 Forest 46 13 16 17 55 -4
17 Reading 46 13 13 20 52 -7
18 Bristol City 46 13 13 20 52 -17
19 Huddersfield 46 13 12 21 51 -11
20 Fulham 46 12 15 19 51 -13
21 Rotherham 46 13 10 23 49 -18
R Charlton 46 9 13 24 40 -40
R MK Dons 46 9 12 25 39 -30
R Bolton 46 5 15 26 30 -40
Latest F1 News
Latest Vital Boxing News

Recent Sheffield Wednesday Results (view all)

Sheffield Wednesday Fixtures (view all)

Vital Members League Table

RankNamePoints
1.swfcjambo4
2.dooleys left leg4
3.OurMaurice1
4.brinsworthowl1
5.Snod77611
6.markjr24011
7.John Bingham1