Tommy Miller: View From A Town Fan
Midfielder Tommy Miller has recently made the switch from Ipswich Town to Wednesday on a free transfer - we get the lowdown on our new man from a Tractor Boy.
Just-an-Ipswich-fan is a member on the Vital Ipswich Town forum, and he gave us at Vital Wednesday his views on the former Sunderland man, who signed a two-year deal at S6.
- Never missed a penalty in over 30 attempts.
- When played in the correct position, carries a tremendous goal threat.
- Guaranteed to score against Preston
- Decent from set pieces.
- Cannot tackle for toffee.
- Never tracks back.
- Disappears after about 65 minutes (except if you get a set piece)
- Sometimes looks a bit lazy.
A good signing for you guys, will bring experience and, hopefully, goals. Brian Laws would be foolish to play him anywhere other than in attacking midfield. Jim played him as a defensive midfielder too often - and I swear a ten year old would have coped better.
...So there we have it, looks like our Tommy could be quite a goal threat from the midfield but leaves a lot to be desired in tracking back.
Maybe a player who's in his twilight of his career and has lost his way a bit - what better manager to sort that out than Brian Laws? Here's hoping...
Thanks to Vital Ipswich for their help - you can visit the Town site by clicking HERE.