Rival's Season Outlook: Cardiff City
We ended Cardiff's play-off dreams last season, but what are the Bluebirds' hopes for this term?
1. Your name and club supported?
Rhodri Turner - Cardiff City
2. Your league position last season?
7th - by the most agonising of margins!
3. Your prediction for this season's position finish?
4. Transfers in?
Mark Hudson (CB), Anthony Gerrard (CB), Paul Quinn (RB), Michael Chopra (CF), David Marshall (GK).
5. Transfer out?
Darren Purse (Sheff Wed), Roger Johnson (Birmingham City), Eddie Johnson (Fulham).
6. Have you made enough signings for the new season? Are they the right signings?
Not yet, we need 2-3 more but must lose some first. The midfield was our biggest problem last season but we have exactly the same personnel at this stage.
7. What are the expectations amongst the fans for this year?
We are perennial play-off contenders, but haven't made it yet - One day we will, the fans will still probably moan! Play-offs will again be the aim this year.
8. Key player(s)?
Much will depend on how the new centre-backs fare, Anthony Gerrard probably third choice but looks excellent so far. A big season for Michael Chopra too. He did OK on loan last year but looked injured and short of confidence - we know he's good, but have yet to see his top form in years.
9. Your thoughts ahead of the new Championship campaign, are you confident or worried going into the new season? How do you think your year will pan out?
Unfortunately we've changed 3 of the back 4 and you cant afford a bad start in this division. We will have a good run at some point, the key is when and how we push on. The squad has the ability to challenge at the top, but excuses are running out.
10. Predict the top two and play-off winner and the three clubs to go down...
West Brom, Sheffield United & Middlesborough (P/O)
Blackpool, Scunthorpe & Barnsley