Rival's Season Outlook: Derby
We see which clubs Derby are looking to ram-raide in this season's Championship.
1. Your name and club supported?
Rob Bentley - Derby County.
2. Your league position last season?
3. Your prediction for this season's position finish?
4. Transfers in?
Jake Buxton, Lee Croft, Ben Pringle, Dean Moxe, Saul Deeney, Shaun Barker.
5. Transfer out?
Emanuel Villa, Liam Dickinson, Lewin Nyatanga, Tyrone Mears, Lewis Price (loan).
6. Have you made enough signings for the new season? Are they the right signings?
Impossible to say. Squad should have done better last season and with diminished injury worries there will be many 'new signings' who are already on the books. Having said that, the transfers in, on the whole, will improve the squad.
7. What are the expectations amongst the fans for this year?
High. Play-off position expected by many but many also expect mid-table.
8. Key player(s)?
Rob Hulse, Kris Commons (if fit), Dean Leacock (if fit).
9. Your thoughts ahead of the new Championship campaign, are you confident or worried going into the new season? How do you think your year will pan out?
Confident of consolidation an an improved finish but not holding my breath expecting a miraculous title winning campaign. Nigel Clough will demand consistency and the season should tie in with his philosophy; the league position will probably remain similar throughout the campaign.
10. Predict the top two and play-off winner and the three clubs to go down...
1.West Brom. 2. Newcastle United. Play-off. Reading.
22. Barnsley 23. Scunthorpe United 24. Plymouth Argyle.