Rival's Season Outlook: Coventry
Vital Wednesday takes a look at Coventry City's hopes for the new season, with the help of the Vital Sky Blues ed!
1. Your name and club supported?
Alex - Coventry City
2. Your league position last season?
3. Your prediction for this season's position finish?
We'll do well to improve on 17th after the summer's events.
4. Transfers in?
Midfielder Sammy Clingan from Norwich City is the only signing to date.
5. Transfer out?
Defenders Scott Dann (Birmingham) and Daniel Fox (Celtic) and striker Robbie Simpson (Huddersfield) have all been sold.
6. Have you made enough signings for the new season? Are they the right signings?
No - after promising to keep hold of their star players and add to them this summer, City have in fact sold two excellent defenders and are yet to replace them so the squad is weaker than last season at the time of writing.
7. What are the expectations amongst the fans for this year?
Very low given the player sales described above.
8. Key player(s)?
Aron Gunnarsson, an Icelandic midfielder who is getting better with every game and goalkeeper Kieren Westwood, voted the best in the Championship last season.
9. Your thoughts ahead of the new Championship campaign, are you confident or worried going into the new season? How do you think your year will pan out?
A season of struggle lies ahead. City look short of players and short of goals.
10. Predict the top two and play-off winner and the three clubs to go down...
Top 2 - West Brom & Reading
Play-off winners - Middlesbrough
Relegated - Blackpool, Doncaster, Plymouth