Who Are Yer?: Bournemouth
We ventured over to the Vital Bournemouth forum to have a chat with the Cherries fans ahead of this weekend's clash at Hillsborough.
1. Third in the table - are you happy with the start you've made to the season?
We'd have been happy with mid table by now. The team just keep on keeping on.
2. What were the expectations before the season and what are they now?
Most relegated teams hope to bounce back at the first attempt. Most promoted teams hope to hold their own, consolidate and build for next year. Avoiding relegation is the first goal, upper half of the table is the second. We are doing well.
3. Who are your danger men?
Its the team as a whole, when they play well they play well as a team. Pugh will run the full back, Fletcher is unmanageable. When he came on against MK Dons last week they put three on him at set pieces.
4. What's been your result of the season so far?
Beating Peterborough 5-1.
5. What style of football will you look to play at Hillsborough?
Eddie Howe will have scouted your lot and worked out a number of match plans. The difficulty some sides have experienced against us this season is when Eddie changes formation.
6. What are your best memories of Owls v Cherries matches?
A strange illness that struck down a number of us in our school that meant we could travel on the coach to the 2nd replay in the League Cup in 1973. We lost 2-1 and felt very agrieved by the KJirkpatrick the diva gnome referee. But the curry and chips down the road from Hillsborough made the 7½ hour journey back a little more bearable. Who wrote in my programme?
7. What do you make of Wednesday's chances this season?
Wednesday are one of the few bigger clubs whose supporters don't become big-time charlies when they are relegated. You shouldn't be in the 3rd dividsion for long.
8. If you could swap one Bournemouth player for a Wednesday player who would it be and why?
Wouldn't part with a single Bournemouth player. But if Tudgay wants to join us on a free and probably a huge drop in wages...
9. What's your score prediction for Saturday?
10. And final league table finish for both clubs prediction?
Wednesday play-offs, possibly 2nd, us about 8th.
You can see what the Vital Cherries fans are chatting about before the game by visiting their forum by clicking here