Date:Thursday December 28 2006
With the end of year South Yorkshire derby just round the corner, Vital Sheffield Wednesday talks to Barnsley fan Dave about his side's chances.
1. What do you think to Simon Davey? Should he be given the job full time?
No, even though he started well that often happens with caretakers and then it starts to go wrong before long - like Glenn Roeder has done. But there aren't many obvious candidates at the minute so I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him it till end of season.
2. And what did you think to the sacking of Andy Ritchie?
Thought it was a bit harsh as he took us up and did very well to do so. I suppose I can see the boards point of view, if Ritchie was refusing to strengthen his squad. But results since he has gone have picked up so maybe it will prove a good decision.
3. Will 4th bottom be good enough for you this season?
4. Hows former Owl Paul Heckingbottom doing for you?
OK I think but he's prone to the odd error here and there...
5. Heard a rumour we're interested in Paul Reid - have you heard anything about this and what type of player is he?
He's OK, bit weak in the air I reckon. He plays centre back, I quite like him as a holding midfielder though, seems to have better balance when he played in there.
6. Who are your danger men?
Martin Devaney, Paul Hayes, Daniel Nardiello.
7. What are your weaknesses?
We're pretty weak at centre back, could do with a lot more quality in there.
8. We never seem to get a win at Oakwell, and you seem to struggle at Hillsborough, have any theories why this is?
You scoring lucky last minute goals at Hillsborough, and Oakwell is a fortress!
9. If you could take one Wednesday player to Oakwell who would it be and why?
Marcus Tudgay because of his pace.
10. If you could send one Barnsley player to Hillsborough who would it be and why?
Marc Richards because he's a carthorse.
11. What do you make of our chances this season?
Not good enough to go up but too lucky to go down!
12. What do you think the score will be?
I'm hoping we can keep the unbeaten at Oakwell derby record going and through probabilty you are due a win at our place, but I reckon it might be 2-0 to us.
NEXT UP - HULL CITY...
Date:Thursday December 28 2006
Stats: Sheffield Wednesday v Middlesbrough (Saturday February 28 2015)
Sheffield Wednesday v Middlesbrough - Line-Ups (Saturday February 28 2015)
Gray Wants Repeat Middlesbrough Performance (Friday February 27 2015)
Wednesday v Middlesbrough (Team News) (Friday February 27 2015)
Audio - Gray On Millwall, Knockaert & Boro (Friday February 27 2015)
Millwall MotM - Next Up Boro! (Thursday February 26 2015)
Takeover Press Conference? (Thursday February 26 2015)
Dielna Doubt (Thursday February 26 2015)
Convincing Millwall Win For Gray (Wednesday February 25 2015)
Wednesday Park The Bus For A Bit Longer (Wednesday February 25 2015)
|8.||dooleys left leg||1|
|10. Sheff Wed||34||11||13||10||-2||46|
» Bournemouth : 28/02/2015 20:30:00
|Rapid double sinks Boro
» Middlesbrough : 28/02/2015 20:17:00
|Thorne Could Miss Two Weeks
» Derby County : 28/02/2015 20:00:00
|The Ipswich Preview
» Norwich : 28/02/2015 19:38:00
|Stunning Comeback Moves Watford Up To Third
» Watford : 28/02/2015 19:03:00