Who Are Yer?: Southampton
Saints fan Matty gives us an insight to Southampton's hopes for the season, tells us how good Gareth Bale really is, and hopes not to see Mark Crossley score a last minute equaliser!
1. Are you still hopeful of automatic promotion or are you setting your sights on a play-off spot now?
To be honest i think automatic promotion is pretty slip now and if we want to seriously push for it then we need to get our head down, and it is ultimately still our aim. But, i would have taken play-offs at the start of the season and i will still do so now.
2. Have there been many ins and outs at St Mary's during the January transfer window?
Dead as a dodo, haven't bought anyone and not let anyone go of note. Although it is likely that David Prutton will be off before the end of the transfer window.
3. What did you make of Mark Crossley's leveller against you at Hillsborough? He seems to be a 'bogey keeper' for you lot, being the only bloke to save a Le Tissier penalty too!
Embarassing, don't like the bloke. Merely because he was the only person to save a penalty from Le God. We think we've got shot of him and then that fat old bloke makes a mockery out of us by scoring a goal. laugh.gif
4. Who will be the key player for you on Wednesday?
I would say Rasiak as he keeps scoring time after time, but his record at home is nothing compared to his away from, so i'm not sure what he'll do. So, i'll say our Pele in the middle of midfield because he is always at the heart of every move. Skilful and accomplished on the ball, can run our midfield. Although, most of our team have the ability to be man of the match on their day.
5. What's your weak link?
I wouldn't say we had a weak link in particular, every department in our team has been the weak link this season, it varies. Some days it's the strikeforce who miss numerous to chances to bed, other days we're poking them home for fun. Others it's the midfield who can be over-run at times, yet at others they boss the park. The same applies to the defence and our goalkeeper.
6. What's your opinion on Bale? Should the club keep him or sell him on?
Well, if he's playing against you on Wednesday i'll be a very happy man and it'll be hats off to the board for making sure he stays....until the summer at least. If he doesn't want to sign a new contract in the summer then we should sell him as i'd rather get a very good deal for him in the summer than lose him at cut price in Jan or even on a free.
7. Kenwyne Jones did a lot for us while on loan at S6 - how's he getting on with you?
I'm a big fan of Kenwyne's, he's improved dramatically over the past 12 months and is getting better game by game. He's strong, pacey, good in the air and doesn't have a bad shot on him either as you would have seen if you saw his goal against Man City at the weekend.
8. What do you think the score's going to be?
We must get 3 points...although i'm not sure that we will, hope i'm wrong though:
Saints 2-2 Sheff Wed
CHEERS Matty! Good luck for the rest of the season...
NEXT UP - PNE!