Hinds Talk Grows
News that Scunthorpe United utility player Richard Hinds has turned down a new deal at Glanford Park added some substance to the rumour that he is heading for S6.
Unconfirmed reports indeed suggest that a deal was in fact done some time ago, following Owls boss Brian Laws' departure from the Irons in November of last year.
Scunthorpe manager Nigel Adkins has spoken to Hinds' agent and said: 'He knows we want Richard to stay, and we have offered him an excellent deal for Scunthorpe United. His agent is well aware of that and they appreciate that.
But I am also led to believe there is another deal on the table that we can't get anywhere near, from a financial point of view. We'll just have to see where that one leads.'
Indeed we will, Nigel, with that bid rumoured to be from Wednesday, following the rejection of the move for hotshot striker Billy Sharp.
Hinds would seem to fit the bill with the Owls looking to strengthen defence and midfield - he is comfortable in both areas of the pitch, previously featuring at the back, but bolstering the Scunthorpe midfield throughout their successful promotion season.
Talk is cheap, eh? But should it turn out to be true, you read it here on Vital SWFC first.
'Off the record, on the QT & very hush hush!' as Danny De Vito says in LA Confidential!