Who Are Yer?: Luton Town
1. You seem to have lost a bit of ground on the top six - do you think you can still get a play-off spot?
Doubftful. I don't think we are ready for another punt at the Premiership either. Most supporters would have accepted a mid table finish avoiding relegation worries and consolidating for a push in the next couple of years.
2. What have been the key differences to last seasons success and this seasons?
As you will know all too well, there are some much better players in the CCC and mistakes are punished with more regularity than in League 1.
3. What do you make of Mike Newell's bung claims?
It's not rocket science and I am surprised that there has been such furore over his comments. It's like the nursery story of the King with no clothes. Everyone knows it is true but Newell seems to have been the one to actually say that the King has no clothes on!
4. Have you signed anyone in the transfer window - or have you heard any rumours?
Signed David Bell from Rushden, looks one for the future. Plenty of rumours around. Newell made bids for 4 or 5 players including a bid for £500K which is fantasy money for Luton to spend! The persistent rumours are that it was for Neil Danns of Colchester who would be mad to sell him if they really hold any aspirations for promotion, and Adam Boyd of Hartlepool. 'Pool manager denies all knowledge but if I were a betting man I'd say that there is a good chance for Adam Boyd.
5. Who are your danger men?
All of them on their day. Goals come from all over the park. Obviously Steve Howard had been out of form, but recently returned to good form. Brkovic has lost form but watch out mostly for Carlos Edwards. Give him a yard of space and he'll be gone and the ball in the box for Howard.
6. If you could take one player from the Wednesday team to the Luton team who would it be and why?
Graham Coughlan - he has always been a thorn in our side and we need a solid central defender as we have no cover there. He is dependable consistent and scores some great goals.
7. If you could send one player from Luton to Wednesday who would it be and why?
Paul Hughes. He's been out through illness and injury for nearly two years!
8. What's your most memorable Wednesday Vs Luton match?
10 Oct 1970 Weds 1 Luton 5. Was a shock result and Luton played the Owls off the park.
9. How do you think Wednesday will do this season?
They will be fine. I expect them to rally round and put a bit of a run together hopefully starting on Feb 1st!
10. Finally, what do you think the score will be?
Cheers Scott! Good luck on Tuesday!
Owls 1 - 1 Hatters
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.