Who Are Yer?: Coventry City
Deadlines, deadlines...I've been rushed for time this week with the question and answer session with the Coventry fans (apologies) - so instead of one big interview, I asked members of Coventry City message board 'Gary Mabbutt's Knee' to help out - so have a variety of answers from the Sky Blues' fans!
1. Where do you think you'll finish this season?
2. You've recently signed Dennis Wise - he's had a massive impact on the club, hasn't he?
rc29: Yes, and will do if hes not tired/suspended
leeds_skyblue: he has indeedy. his goals have earned us valuable points and thats what counts. extra bit of bite to the team too.
3. What are your views on Micky Adams?
rc29: Doing the best job he can at the moment
leeds_skyblue: Doing a good job with what hes had to play with. good manager, compared to his predecessor anyway
4. You've got a nice new stadium now, what are the pro's and con's?
rc29: Pros: No pillars and a good atmosphere when it gets going. Cons: An entire stand for executives, which is never full and dont expect to park or get away easily
leeds_skyblue: pros: has boosted crowds, raises the prestige of the club, potentially big crowds if ever promoted, better than incesters, great acoustics.
cons: worse view from my seat, about twice as far to travel for me, had great parking space at hr.
5. Have you signed anyone in the recent transfer window?
rc29: Wise, anything else takes money
leeds_skyblue: not with money, just wise n hutch.
6. Who are your danger men?
rc29: McSheffrey but usually needs about 8 chances to score 1
leeds_skyblue: McSheffrey and Adebola on their day can trouble anyone in this league. Wise if he plays.
7. If you could take one player to the Coventry team from Wednesday who would it be and why?
rc29: A (fully fit) richie partridge, scored the two best goals ive ever seen for ccfc
leeds_skyblue: The lad Brunt scored a belter at hillsborough. coughlan seems to pop up with a few important headers too.
8. If you could send one player to the Wednesday team from Coventry who would it be and why?
rc29: Matt Heath, no need for him
leeds_skyblue: maybe your physio could sort out stephen hughes.
9. What's your most memorable Coventry Vs Wednesday match?
rc29: Dont have any, too young for 87 and we lost 5-1 when I went to Hillsbrough last!
leeds_skyblue: only been to two, this seasons was a good game but we were awful so the one a few years back, season u went down from prem i think. we won 1-0 or 2-0, i cant remember. it was on sky as well i think. ur 4-3 with a dublin hattrick sticks in the mind too, and then the quarter final in 1987 of course.
10. How do you think Wednesday will do for the remained of the season?
rc29: Struggle but stay up
leeds_skyblue: uv def got enough to survive. good luck from thrusrday onwards.
11. Finally, what do you think the score will be?
leeds_skyblue: 2-1 cov i hope. have a slight bad feeling tho...
THANKS a lot guys, and good luck on Wednesday night! Look forward to coming to your new ground, hopefully away with three points!!