Wednesdayite Q & A
1. Will Wednesdayite be represented on the board?This is definitely a longer term aim and one that has been realised at around 40 other football clubs.This person would ideally be an experienced, constructive and positive person who through powers of persuasion and debate would be able to convey to the rest of the board the views and concerns of the fans.We feel this would be hugely positive and effective for both Club and fans alike.
Interestingly, the abilities and experiences that exist amongst the massed ranks of fans is far wider and more varied than that of any club Board of Directors.We believe that members whose skills and abilities are used by the Club could easily make a major contribution and difference to the future of SWFC.
2. Can Wednesdayite help the team?Yes it can.Our implicit aim is to encourage the Club to listen to its supporters.A football club which readily involves its fans and demonstrates inclusivity will realise a much better atmosphere and comraderie within the ground, a greater sense of belonging, of unity and pride in the Club.This will inevitably lead to the team being cheered on and supported with greater enthusiasm.With regards to actual policy of Wednesdayite, one of our funding areas is that of Squadbuilder…devised to assist the improvement of the playing squad at the Club.
3. Is Wednesdayite involved in the community?In the last decade many people,fans and commentators alike have questioned the relevance of the local community to a modern football club,feeling that the age old community roots of many a club have been lost or are disappearing fast. Nowadays clubs seem far more interested in money and sponsors than local fans and the community that live within the area.We strongly believe that SWFC should be a shining symbol of the community and as such,one for everyone to support.It is tremendously important for local people to have pride in their Club,its heritage and its sustainable future.We believe this future must include the local community and Wednesdayite will strive for this to be realised.
4. So what’s Wednesdayite about?Our aim is to give the fans a greater voice in the club and at the same time reflect any concerns the fans and the members might have with the way the club is being run.The club must act responsibly and start to realise the true value and importance of its own fans.It must listen to the fans and hear their concerns.At Wednesdayite we will do everything in our power to facilitate this and in doing so ensure the continued existence of the Club, our club for future generations of supporters.
5. Why should I join Wednesdyite?Well,if you want your voice to be represented then joining us is a great way to make it happen.We’ll represent the Owls fan in general but our members in particular.The greater the membership the stronger we become and the more influence we have.
We’ve created a whole new, modern and exciting look to the organisation with a brand new members pack,including great new benefits.If you want to part of a fresh and dynamic organisation which looks after the people that really count,the fans….. then come and join us !
6. What do I receive as a Member?* A Voice
* A brand new Members Pack consisting of Chairmans personal Welcome Letter, Plastic Branded Membership Card, Wednesdayite Tin Can and a Society Share Certificate
* You own Wednesdayite e-mail address
* A modern, effective,interactive Website
* Regular invitations to exciting Events
* E-mail Newsletter
* An opportunity to make a real contribution towards the well being of fans…fans just like you
* Discounts and benefits such as the Wednesdayite Car Park and the members pre Match Bar.
7. What happens with donated money from members?Well,the first pound of your members fee buys you a share in Wednesdayite and allows you to cast your vote.The remaining money goes towards covering the costs of running Wednesdayite in a cost effective and professional manner.
Funds raised are used in several ways.For example, buying shares when appropriate, funding supporter facilities, contributing towards the purchase of players, financing community initiatives and even creating a war chest for uncertain times.
The unique method used at Wednesdyite is that these funds are targeted by the very people that raise the money…..so if you raise the money then you choose where you’d like your money to go,on which specific cause or project.You the member,decide. We believe this to be of tremendous benefit and a great example of our commitment to member inclusivity and involvement.
8. How is the board accountable to its members?Through regular meetings in Sheffield,London and elsewhere… infact wherever there are groups of Wednesdayites and through the new website,the AGM and regular newsletters.Communication between members and the board is paramount to the success of Wednesdayite and that inturn affords accountability.On major issues the board will always and should always consult its members before taking any actions.The Board Directors should represent the collective views of its members on all designated and key issues.
9. Can young people join?Absolutely….and most welcome they are too.Under 18’s join half price for £ 5 and entitles them to Associate Members status.As they are not full members of the Society they do not have voting rights but otherwise enjoy full membership benefits. We believe addressing the issues raised by young Wednesdayites is vital to the long term future and stability of not only Wednesdayite but also SWFC.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.